Home Builders

Home Builders should consult with their Local County or City Building Department and other Governmental Agencies regarding building codes and permits. There could be many agencies that you need to deal with such as the Highway Department, Public Works Department (road dept.), Environmental, Fire, Sewer/Sanitation and the Utilities Agency.

You can search this site for various building department links. Please do us a favor. If you find a broken link use our contact form to let us know which page you found the broken link. This way we can keep the content accurate. When a web site changes it’s links our links do not automatically update to the new ones.  Thank you.  Contact Us

Homeowners having a home built, remodeled or repaired should also contact their County or City Building Department so that they can gather information regarding the permit process and current codes and code requirements.

Another area of concern for Home Builders and their clients is fire insurance.  Over the last several years Counties have experienced a decline of insurance carriers that will provide insurance in rural areas.  This does not mean that you cannot find insurance.  It means that you should shop and be aware of how much the insurance will cost.

Homeowner Insurance

Home Builders can find course of construction insurance by shopping the Insurance Agents listed on this site. They can also suggest to their clients to find an agent on this site.

How to Search on this site

To search for your local building department use the search “filter” tool as in the image below.

  1. Hover over the Category Drop down menu as displayed in the image below,
  2. Click and “select” the Category and then,
  3. Start typing in the City or County Name

If your City or County Building Department is not present please use our contact form and we will look it up for you and put it in our system.  Contact Us

Search Sample Image